Reasons why I am still a little in between on my feelings on Noraebong:
1) My voice normally gets so raspy after drinking that there is nothing left for the singing.
2) My voice gets drowned up by anyone with a higher voice, so I end up just singing louder and losing more voice.
3) Someone inevitably picks a more serious song and kills the lighthearted and sloppy mood of noraebong.
4) No, I can’t sing any present day pop songs very well. Most are just not in my range, especially with the raspy and nasalized tone my voice delivers after a few beverages.
5) No, I can’t rap and I hate trying to rap because I think it sounds awful. Few things sound as bad to me as white guys trying really hard to rap. It almost always comes out like a camp version of the Beastie Boys.
6) The songs I really want to do often have large chunks of instrumental for some reason, which isn’t really what Norabong is about.
Ah well. Personally, its a fine time so long as I am not too sober. Without enough libation in me, noraebong always lulls me sleep.